The Adam Smith Institute finishes off their fallacies of the left. These arguments of the left have already been been debunked (many, many times) but they, and Owen Jones, keep using them.[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”Adam Smith Institute” link=”https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/more-common-errors-of-the-left” color=”” class=”” size=””]Many of the errors they perpetrate have already been tried and tested and found wanting. Some of them have been found disastrous, as has been seen in Venezuela. Yet they persist as if in some hypothetical world that bears no relation to what goes on in the world around us.[/perfectpullquote]
Continued from yesterday..
6. State ownership is efficient because it does not need profits
7. Capital Gains Tax is paid from windfall gains
8. Rent controls make houses affordable
9. Inheritance Tax hits only the rich who can afford it
10. Top salaries and bonuses are best limited by law
Read the full blog post here